Hello!



I have tried a couple of times to run a personal lifestyle / fashion blog, however life itself has always ended up getting in the way (the irony) and my posts have gradually wavered as I became busier and was met with an extremely hectic, though thoroughly enjoyable, first year at university. Here's hoping the phrase 'third time lucky' is true!

I feel I actually have a lot more to talk about now, as I'm currently a Fashion Design and Marketing student that has developed a keen desire to take more of an active approach in terms of my own hobbies and interests. While the lines between some of my pastimes and work-related endeavours are often blurred, as I am a great lover of everything involved within pursuing a creative degree, I figured this blog could be somewhere I can share such interests with whoever may want to read about them. I'll also be posting lots of pictures - I seem to have accidentally acquired my boyfriend's DSLR, so this blog gives me a chance to work on my photography skills, something I realised is much needed after a two-hour faff around as I tried to shoot a friend in the photo studio without smashing my glasses as I kept head butting the viewfinder.

Over the summer so far, I have spent more time drawing, reading books, blogs and magazines and listening to new music than usual, and I can't think of a better way to talk about the things I love while also finding a way to keep a kind of 'diary'. I've always used Instagram as a means of visually recording little bits of my life, but I've forever enjoyed writing, reading others' thoughts and thinking of new ways to occupy my free time, so I am now determined to run an online journal of my own - without abandoning it for six months at a time.

I love buying new things and have recently accepted that I am an extreme hoarder of anything remotely interesting or pretty, so this can also be a space where I can show you whatever I manage to find next - be it clothes, books or cute little things to further take up space that I don't have. I also really enjoy doing anything creative, and being on a course that demands a lot of such work, I think I'll be posting quite a bit of what I do on here. Alongside this, I start my placement year in January 2017, so I will also be blogging to document my experiences as an intern, wherever I may end up!

I'm also going to make more of an effort to cook my own food when I get back to uni, rather than living off M&S ready meals. Though they are delicious, I have realised that I do need to learn how to do more than boil pasta and turn on a microwave at some point. I'll probably be posting some of my (potentially very ugly) attempts on here too.

...So there it is - my first post on my (not-so-new) blog. I have found the first post is always the hardest, so hopefully the rest will be a little less rambling and a lot more interesting as I try not to bore you to death with too many words and pictures of cats I don't even own.

Thank you for reading, whoever you are!

♥ from Indy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram