Moving to Copenhagen!

I've just moved to Copenhagen for my next fashion design internship with Anne Sofie Madsen (their stuff is amazing!), with one of my closest friends, Anya.

We flew in on Thursday night and after having a nightmare trying to sort out accommodation, we booked an Airbnb to stay in that morning before we set off to the airport - this is how organised we are...

Travelling just before the weekend was a good idea, as it gives us a couple of days to get used to our surroundings before we start work (a must-do when moving abroad). Here's the lowdown on our first day of exploring our new city.



The amazing architecture of the oldest building in Copenhagen - the Stock Exchange Building, built in 1640. I love the spiral tower, it reminds me of a unicorn's horn! The city is full of beautiful old buildings alongside more contemporary architectural designs, so there's always something inspiring to look up at.





Saying my goodbyes right before I set off to the airport. I'm going to miss my family loads after seeing them for just a few days throughout this whole year, but my internship year is a fab opportunity that allows me to get some much-needed experience in such a fast-paced industry.







Our last-minute Airbnb for the two weeks before our student accommodation is ready is fab, and we couldn't ask for a better place to stay. It's covered in fairy lights and pretty little decorative features, plants and lamps; nobody does interiors better than the Danes.









Colourful, cool street art is everywhere, and we also found some really interesting shots of Earth from space, teamed with little explanations! You wouldn't find this kind of stuff in London...


A colourful little side street found in the centre of the city.




We stumbled upon this cute little pizza restaurant, called Gorm's. The interior was lovely and relaxing, full of candles, foodie books and stripped-back wooden tables. I can tell I'm going to love the whole concept of 'hygge' while I'm here - everything's so chilled and cosy.


We had the 'Denny Special,' an unusual signature pizza by Gorm's, with mozzarella, thin potato slices, rosemary, goats cheese and truffle oil. Potato's not ordinarily something I'd expect on a pizza, but it was thoroughly enjoyed in the restaurant's nice, warm setting, paired with a coffee (and a beer)!


I've also been learning some Danish on my free Duolingo app, and trying to get the hang of it... I'd highly recommend the app, it's easy to use and the activities make languages so quick to learn. Everyone speaks English here, but I feel it's an amazing opportunity to learn a new language in practice.

So that was our first day in Copenhagen - we got a bit of exploring done, while trying not to be ran over by bikes... Bikes are everywhere here, it seems like there's more bikes than people. It's such a good way to get around the city, as each road has a designated bike path that looks a bit like a wider pavement. We can't wait to get our own, it's such an eco-friendly way of getting around and the city is carefully designed with biking in mind.

I'll be posting updates of how settling in and exploring goes, maybe along with some of the updates I promised from my visits around London's exhibitions and shows!

Tak for læsning!
Indy


No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram