Moving to London!

Hi guys!

I haven't posted on here in a while - the past three months at uni have been very hectic, with loads of work to do alongside securing placements for my internship year.

I've also been busy moving out of my flat in Newcastle to spend a lovely Christmas at home, before moving to London to begin my fashion internship!
I had to limit my excessive hoarding habits to just a couple of suitcases, as me and Robbie were getting the train down. We somehow managed to get first class tickets that were cheaper than standard class! A long journey just isn't as much fun without free G&Ts and lots of food.

It was hard to leave family, as is always the case after a fab Christmas, so I've spent ages trying to make my room feel cosy and homely. Living with my friends who are also doing internships, Cat and Anya, further helps alleviate the homesickness, and we've been exploring the area together. Robbie had to go back home yesterday but he's been great at making me feel comfortable here (and helping carry my shopping!), and I'm really happy with my room and our cute little flat!


Despite trying to travel light, I managed to shove enough things in my suitcases to decorate my room a bit. Fairy lights took priority, as they always manage to make a space look much cosier! I've got three sets up on my wall now and they're so pretty.


Anya found this adorable unicorn thing in Poundland(!) and I had to have it. I think it's an earring holder, but typically, I've forgotten to bring all my jewellery - maybe this is an excuse to buy some...


My room isn't massive so shelves make it easier to store things. I wasn't able to bring toooo much anyway - but I made sure to pack the Fjällräven bag and Adidas shoes Robbie got me for Christmas! 


My bedside table, which I'm sure won't stay as tidy and clutter-free for long.


Our cute patio will be perfect for chilling at night when the weather gets a bit warmer! For now though, being able to feel my face when I'm outside is a massive improvement on how cold it was up North.

I'm not sure how long I'll be in London for, as I have another internship in Copenhagen later in the year - but I do love it here! I'm so excited to start my placement tomorrow, I've spent the day trying to be organised, making myself a packed lunch and getting everything ready for the morning.

I'll definitely be posting more frequently from now. I say this every time, but it can be one of my resolutions...
In the meantime, I hope you've all had a merry Christmas and a happy new year!
Indy 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram